Omnitron’s high-reliability fibre connectivity products are used by network operators to extend distances, expand capacity and deliver the next generation of business services and mobile backhaul:
- Enterprise LAN and WAN networks
- Federal government and military networks
- Education and campus networks
- Security surveillance networks
- Service Provider and Cable MSO fibre networks
- Wireless, small cell and mobile backhaul networks
- Utility Smart Grid networks
- Cloud and data centre networks
Omnitron Systems is a privately held company based in Irvine, California, and all products are manufactured in the United States.
Omnitron has built a reputation of delivering reliable products for mission critical networks. Every employee at Omnitron is involved in delivering high-quality, user-oriented fibre access solutions. By building strong relationships with our end-users and understanding the challenges they face, Omnitron engineers design products and features that provide value to our customers.
- Lifetime Warranty on most products
- Free 24/7 Technical Support
- Made in the USA
- Temperature Hardened
- SNMP v3 Management
- Scalable Architecture
- NEBS Level 3 certified
- UL, CE and FEE compliant
- MEF Carrier Ethernet 2.0 Compliant NIDs
- RoHS & WEEE compliant
iConverter is a Multi-Service platform of media converters, multiplexer and transponder modules which can be combined in a choice of chassis options to provide you with a managed, scalable and flexible architecture for your fibre networks.
Network managers can leverage investments in existing infrastructure and deliver services, procotols and data rates over fibre, along with multiplexing different services over a CWDM common fibre link.
- Deployed worldwide in service provider, enterprise, government and utility networks
- Modular architecture of high-density chassis, plug-in modules and standalone modules
- Manageable via SNMPv1/v2c/v3, Telnet and secure IP-less management
- Commercial (0 to 50ºC), Wide (-40 to 60ºC) and Extended (-40 to 75ºC) temperature ranges
- Select modules support SFP, SFP+ and XFP pluggable transceivers
FlexPoint media converters provide unmanaged coax to fibre, copper-to-fibre, fibre-to-fibre and serial to fibre media conversion in a compact network device.
Supporting a variety of network protocols, data rates and cabling media types for flexible fibre network connectivity, FlexPoint media converters are the best choice for trouble free media conversion.
- Supports Gigabit, 10/100/1000, Fast Ethernet, 10/100 and 10Mbps Ethernet
- Supports TDM (T1/E1 and SONET/SDH) and Serial RS-232 protocols
- Available with SFP Transceivers that support a wide variety of distances and wavelengths
- Backed with a Lifetime Warranty and free 24/7 Technical Support
- Available in industrial temperature-hardened models
- Plug n Play Installation
- Completely software independent with no installation of drivers required
- Status LEDs and DIP-switches are clearly labelled on the modules for quick and easy installation
- Fibre auto-negotiation and RJ-45 auto-crossover
miConverter miniature Ethernet media converters provide cost-effective integration of copper and fibre optic cabling. miConverter miniature unmanaged media converters can be powered with a USB power cable, with Power over Ethernet, or with external DC power adapters.
The miConverter Gx / GX/T range include:
- 10/100/1000 Copper to 1000Mbps Fibre conversion
- 1000Mbps Copper to 1000Mbps Fibre Conversion
- 10/100 Copper to 100Mbps Fibre Conversion
- AC/DC power supply or DC only power inputs
miConverter media converters can be used as compact standalone devices, or mounted in a 18 module chassis.
The miConverter S-Series are the smallest media converters on the market, and also include an optional travel case.
(We have a picture of how small this is)
RuggedNet Power over Ethernet Switches are available in unmanaged and layer 2 managed models, supporting 10/100/1000 and 10G Ethernet with options for PoE, PoE+ HPoE 60W and IEEE 802.3bt (60W and 100W).
Classified as PSE (Power Sourcing Equipment), RuggedNet Industrial PoE Switches can provide full power up to eight powered devices using standard UTP cabling.
- Multi-port ruggedized and temperature-hardened PoE switches
- Multi-port PoE switch with:
- Two 1G/10G uplink ports supporting SFP/SFP+ transceivers
- Two 10/100/1000 RJ-45 uplink ports
- One or two 1G fibre uplink ports supporting ST, SC, LC and SFP transceiver
- Management is available via a Web GUI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP or Serial Console interface
- Supports a variety of data traffic switching modes
- Single or dual DC power inputs
- DIN-rail mounted using included DIN-rail mounting clip
- Industrial (-40 to 75ºC) operating temperature range
RuggedNet PoE Extenders allow you to break the 100m distance limitation of copper cabling, giving you the ability to extend your copper network distances to PoE devices.
RuggedNet PoE extenders are plug-and-play, requiring no external power.
OmniConverter PoE Media Converters and PoE Switches provide distance extension to POE powered devices over fibre optic cabling.
Classified as PSE (Power Sourcing Equipment), OmniConverter PoE Switches and PoE Media Converters can provide PoE, PoE+, HPoE, and IEEE 802.3bt using standard UTP cables carrying the Ethernet data.
OmniExtender PoE Extenders provide distance extension over copper UTP cabling as a cost effective solution to remote PoE, PoE+ and HPoE devices where external power is not available, or hard to provision, or when replacing copper cabling with fibre is cost prohibitive.
- Supports IEEE 802.3af PoE (15.4W), IEEE 802.3at PoE+ (30W), HPoE (60W) and IEEE 802.3bt (60W and 100W)
- Made in the USA and TAA compliant
- Temperature hardened for outdoor deployments
- Free 24/7 Technical Support
- Features SFP pluggable fibre optic ports for use with MSA compliant SFP transceivers
- Proven standards compliance and network interoperability
The FlexSwitch 2X4GT is a 6 port Ethernet switch, comprising of 4 x 10/100/1000 RJ-45, 1 x 10G SFP+ or XFP fibre port, and 1 RJ45 port which auto-negotiates to 1000Base-T or 10GBase-T.
The FlexSwitch 2X4GT support 10G SFP+ transceivers, also supporting Gigabit transceivers for a seamless upgrade path from Gigabit to 10G fibre link.
The 10G fibre port is compatible with all MSA compliant Gigabit SFP, 10G SFP+ and XFP transceivers (model dependant), including direct attach cables, 10GBase-LRM and xWDM optics.
The RJ-45 Gigabit/10G port is capable of data rates of 10G, up to 100 metres of Cat-6A (or better) cabling.
If the cable distance is less than 30 metres, the FlexSwitch 2X4GT conserves energy by operating in Short Reach mode.
The four 10/100/1000 RJ-45 ports support bridging, auto-negotiation for data-rate and duplex mode, and auto MDI/MDI-X that eliminates the need for crossover cables.
- Supports MAC learning
- LEDs for power, port link/activity, data rates and transceiver status
- DC power input via barrel connector using external AC adapter or 2-Pin terminal connector
- 10,056 maximum frame size
- Integrated wall-mount brackets
- Can be mounted on a 1U 19" rack-mount shelf
- Commercial (0 to 50ºC) and wide (-40º to 60ºC) temperature ranges
Omnitron XFP, SFP+ and SFP Optical Transceivers enable flexible fiber and copper connectivity for Omnitron and 3rd party networking products.
- Compatible with iConverter copper-to-fibre media converters, fibre-to-fibre media converters, T1/E1 Multiplexers and Network Interface Devices that support pluggable transceivers
- Compatible with FlexPoint, FlexSwitch, OmniConverter and miConverter media converter modules that support SFP transceivers
- Compatible with RuggedNet and OmniConverter PoE Fiber Switches
- Supports standard, CWDM and DWDM wavelengths
- Commercial (0oC to +50oC) and Industrial (-40oC to +85oC) temperature ranges available
- Compliant with MSA SFF-8472 and INF-8077i standards, which provides interoperability with other network devices
- Supports Digital Diagnostic capability
NetOutlook Network Management Software is a robust and secure network management application for Omnitron products. NetOutlook provides remote management of the iConverter® Multi-Service Platform, OmniConverter® and RugggedNet® Ethernet Fiber Switches.
NetOutlook has an intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) that provides the ability to remotely monitor network performance, configure hardware parameters, provision services, generate performance reports and perform advanced fault detection.
NetOutlook graphical tree structure provides visibility of all discovered network addresses. This simplifies the management of large networks, and provides instance access and notification of network problems.
Service Providers, Enterprises and Governments can leverage the full capabilities of Omnitron products using NetOutlook Management Software:
- Lowers operating costs with remote configuration and provisioning which reduces technician trips to equipment
- Improves network reliability with performance monitoring, fault detection and isolation tools
- Increases end user/subscriber satisfaction with comprehensive performance monitoring
- Intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Real-time trap notification provides network status to identify specific network problems and their locations
- Supports SNMPv1, SNMPv2c and SNMPv3
- IP-less management with IEEE 802.3ah and Omnitron’s Secure OAM management channels
- Comprehensive Port MIB statistics in graphical format and 802.3ah performance monitoring
- Reporting of optical performance statistics for SFP transceivers equipped on modules
- SNMP Device Discovery utility that automatically detects Omnitron chassis and modules on the network
- Print Utility for printing status/configuration information